Diploma in Graphic Design
Duration : 1.5months
This Graphics designing course designed for individuals seeking to develop their professional and creative skills in order to bring life to images and media through visual representation of ideas and messages. Graphics designing has been in high demand around the world in this modern day of commercialization and globalization. Thus, this
course is suited for students from any background to carve out attractive career in this highly demanded Graphics designing stream.
With this training course, learners become able to create both visually attractive and persuasive design in the form of logos, poster, business cards, brochures, magazine designs and other such products.
Graphics designing course consists of three major tools:
• Adobe Photoshop
• Adobe Illustrator
• Adobe In-design.
There are several lessons under each course that will enhance your skills for different kinds of layout and designs.
This course is designed to meet the learners need to understand the fundamental concepts underlying graphics design process, in depth knowledge about elements like shapes, textures, lines, color, type etc. With this course we aim to produce qualified professionals able to tackle wide range of projects in Graphics design.
Graphic Designing course will fulfill the following goals and objectives.
• Develop your ability in choosing appropriate color palettes and typography depending
upon the type of design.
• Create layout that is clean, readable and expressive.
• Use Photoshop retouching effects professionally to prepare images for publication.
• Design alluring traditional media and advertising objects.
• Create logo that symbolically represents the brand.
• Design layout that is visually appealing to eyes using advanced design techniques.
WHO CAN JOIN GRAPHICS DESIGNING COURSES?
• A person who wants to join desktop publishing company and advertising agencies can learn Graphic Designing course.
• Web Designers who have experience in using Photoshop but have little experience in logo designing are recommended to join the course to create logo, book cover, animation, infographics, etc.
PREREQUISITES FOR JOINING GRAPHIC DESIGNING COURSE
There are no prerequisites before enrolling in Graphic Designing course. A person who has a creative mind can do best in this field. However, basic familiarity with computer is always a plus.
Course Duration: 1.5 Months
MODULE 1: PHOTOSHOP FOR GRAPHICS DESIGN
• Photoshop Interface, Customizing Interface as per the requirement of the designer, saving interface
• Introduction to Photoshop
• Difference between web and print media
• Concept of resolution for print and web
• Image type used for web like JPG, GIF, PNG and for print like TIFF, EPS, PDF
• Image resizing techniques and optimizing images
• Selection tools
• Brushes, loading brushes, saving brushes, creating brushes
• color correction, retouching
• enhancing brightness, shadows, midtones
• rectangle, ellipse tools to design interface for both web and press
• concept of layers, locking layers
• blending options
• working with gradients
• using pen tool to trace shapes, creating logos, custom shapes
• using pen tool to extract selected portion from an image
• using custom shapes, loading shapes, modifying existing shapes
• concept of clipping mask
• using filters
During the training session students will be asked to design logo, brochures, advertisements, book cover etc. At the end of the training a final evaluation will be done to judge the knowledge of the candidate.
MODULE 2: ILLUSTRATOR
It is a raster tool which is used to design logos, artworks etc. It has been very popular among the graphics designers because of its advanced features and easy to use tools. It has a rich set of tools which can be customized while using. Certain tools and flexibility that we get in Illustrator is not present in other graphic designing tool.
• knowing the interface of Illustrator
• using selection tools and learning group selection, lasso selection, magic wand selection
• introduction to pen tool
• use pen tool to add and remove anchor points, joining anchor points
• concept of layers, organizing layers, grouping layers, selecting layers, duplicating layers, merging layers
• using strokes, converting strokes size, dashed stroke, removing strokes, joining strokes
• using text tool also popularly known as type tool, vertical type tool, path type, area type tool
• using font attributes and formatting paragraphs, transforming text
• using shape object like rectangle tool, polygon tool, star tool, rounded rectangle tool
• transforming a shape using different techniques like rotate, scale, reflect, twist, sheer, reshape, reposition etc
• learning how to align and distribute objects evenly
• using different line tools
• using clipping path and mask
• applying color using color picker tool, color swatches, color palettes
• learn the use of pencil tool, eraser tool
• using brush tool, load and save brushes
• learn the use of gradient
• concept of transparency and masking
• learn envelope and its options, using mesh, text distortions
• using guides and rulers while creating an illustration
• using scissor tool and knife tool while designing an illustration
• using pathfinder and liquify tool
• learning the use of appearance and styles
• using filters
• use blend tool and learn blending multiple objects
• display chart and graphs
• knowing different image formats and learn how to save images for web
• learn to use slice tool to generate images for web
• using different symbol tools
• integrating with photoshop images
• using auto trace feature
MODULE 3: INDESIGN
It is used to design interactive pdf forms, book design, brochure, magazines and also very popular in media and desktop publishing house.
Some of the important things we need to know in InDesign is mentioned below:
• Understanding the interface
• Showing and Hiding Panels
• Exploring document properties to setup margin and page size
• Exploring general preferences
• Concept of Bleed and its use
Creating and managing document
• Creating documents
• Using rulers and guides in document
• Using zoom tool to change the view
Creating and managing pages
• Deleting unnecessary pages
• Moving pages within the document
• Creating master pages
• Multiple master pages concept
• Applying master pages
• Inserting page numbers
Working with text
• Inserting and importing text
• Concept of paragraph spacing
• Applying and removing hyphens
• Changing case
• Creating text styles
• Applying text styles to paragraphs
• Concept of placeholder
• Flowing text across multiple frames
• Inserting Drop Cap
• Concept of text kerning, leading and tracking
• Paragraph alignment and its distribution
• Using eyedropper tool for color
Working with Graphics
• Inserting graphics
• Exploring text wrapping options
• Inserting graphics within frames
• Difference between frame and image resizing
• Modifying corners
Working with Objects
• Inserting shapes and lines
• Using selection and direct selection tool
• Resizing and moving objects
• Concept of Scaling and Rotation objects
• Concept of Locking and unlocking objects
Using Fills, Stroke and Effects
• Applying different fills and strokes color
• Exploring stroke variations
• Applying shadow and feather options
Creating and customizing tables
• Inserting table
• customizing size and design
• applying alternate row and column colors
• creating header and footer in tables
• adjusting table within a frame
• Automatic spelling correction
• Checking links to resources within the document
• Checking hidden text within text frames
• Designing Cover page with binding space
Exporting a document for print
• Understand different export options
• Exporting document as PDF with high resolution for press
• Exporting document as PDF with medium or low resolution for online
• Concept of Package
• Creating a Package
A graphics designer is required by a desktop publishing company, advertising agency and other offices. Creating logos, advertisement, newspapers, books, brochures, certificates, website templates are some of the regular jobs of a graphics designer. Good Graphics Designers are always in high demand in Nepal and abroad countries. Therefore, a graphics designer who have a good command over graphics tool can make a good money.
- Advertising Agencies
- Desktop Publishing companies
- Computer design Agencies
- Print Media
- Web Development Companies